Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Family.

Im writing this post to not only start something new but to make myself accountable for it. I absolutely love being a mom, but i don't love the little feeling at the end of the day of the day that i could of done more. I always end the days with thoughts of how i could of done more, how i could of smiled bigger, laughed louder, cuddled longer, been more patient, made more time. I am done aimlessly going through my day with an agenda of house cleaning and home decor on my mind. I am first and foremost starting my day out with God, because heaven only knows what a difference it makes to start your day on your knees and in your scriptures before all of the little ones wake up. I am just tired of feeling like these days are flying by and i am not making the difference or impact i should on my kids in so many areas. So this is my resolution. This is where i can write it all down and work it all out. This mainly for myself, because writing is my peace and i know that if i have everything in one place i can go over it and see where i am missing thing and where I can do better. This is where I can make lists of the things i want to accomplish. Where i can post picture of our activities and updates on how i am doing as "super mom"... which by the way is the title I have decided to give myself as I start this new journey into being a better more awesomer mom. And of course its about time to update all of my 5 followers on how your little Callahan family is doing and providing you with pictures and all sorts of fun stuff. But yes, its basically just a selfish attempt at making myself feel better as a mom. So here is to new beginnings and a new Me. Wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck (you said to wish you luck)! I love this, and how the website Power of Moms (you should check it out if you haven't already) puts it: 'intentional parenting'. You do things everyday with a plan, a reason, and a purpose, not just drifting your way through motherhood and putting out fires as needed. You are great! And I purpose a return to blogging. I'm turning off Facebook and returning to blogging - a much more useful way to spend time and preserve memories. So we'll hold each other accountable, okay? :)

    ReplyDelete